Registration and Call For Proposals!
The International Mentoring Association (IMA) has opened its proposal submission for the 2017 IMA Conference, to be held April 26 – 28, 2017 at the beautiful University of North Carolina Wilmington campus in Wilmington, North Carolina. The theme of this year’s conference is “Navigating Mentoring: Riding Waves of Change“ Successful proposals will connect to this theme and will create an environment of learning for participants. We anticipate a broad range of participants from higher education, K-12 education, youth mentoring, government, business/corporate, legal, medical, non-profit, consulting, including practitioners, researchers, policymakers, and mentoring program leaders.
January 18, 2017 for Conference submissions. Due by 5 PM Eastern Daylight Time.
What We Are Looking For:
The IMA proposals must explicitly connect to the conference theme and demonstrate both subject-matter expertise and a broadening of the field of knowledge related to mentoring. Additionally, the IMA seeks proposals across all professions in any of the following categories:
- Reports of innovative programs that demonstrate replicable ideas of “what works” for preparation or mentors/ protégés or the practice or mentoring
- Presentation of practical tools, resources, or strategies for evaluation and assessment of mentoring programs
- Reports/examples of successful mentoring and protégé preparation training methods or materials
- Examples of the use of mentoring for the development of talent in organizations
- Analysis, interpretation, or creation of policy at the programmatic and/or legislative level that demonstrate implications for programs and practice
- Reports of mentoring program success with diverse cultures and contexts and under-served populations
- Sound academic research that contributes to the body of knowledge and offers implications for programs and practice
For more information, click here.