WCU Test Generator to format your questions
Use the Blackboard test generator to format your test questions and download them as a text file to upload to your Blackboard course. Link to the test generator: http://citation.wcu.edu/blackboardtestgenerator/
Or Use Respondus to format your questions.
Your test questions will export directly to your Blackboard course when using Respondus.
Respondus 4 Installation File: https://wcu.blackboard.com/bbcswebdav/institution/Respondus/Respondus4Campus.exe
After the software is installed and users open it for the first time, users will be prompted for the following information. We strongly suggest using copy/paste vs. trying to type these in.
- Institution Name: Western Carolina University
- Local Support Contact(s): John Hawes, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Installation Password: ZR928398254-238914434
Step sheets for users of Respondus.
Step 2 – Navigate to the test section in Blackboard Open the test canvas
- In Blackboard, Click on Control Panel (left menu) and then on Course Tools
- Click Test, Surveys and Pools link
- On the next screen, click on Tests
Step 3 – Open the test canvas
- Click on the Chevron beside the test you wish to add the questions to. (You may have to click on “Build Test” to create and name the test if the test doesn’t exist yet.)
- Click Edit
- Click on Upload Questions button
Step 4 – Select the questions test file (the .txt file you created) to add
- Browse to the text file the Quiz Generator created and downloaded to your computer.
- Enter the Points per question and click on the submit button
Step 5 – Adding the Test to a course area for students to take
- Once the test questions have been uploaded to the test Navigate to the Content Area in your course you would like to add the Exam, Test, Assessment, etc.
- Select the “Assessments” dropdown and click on Test
- Select your test from the Existing Test list
- Click Submit
Remember to check the radio box next to “Yes” to Make the link available even if you are setting Availability date/times.