It is best practice to access Panopto from a web browser to authenticate or through your course in Blackboard.
*NOTE: By default students are not given creator access to Panopto to create videos, only viewer access.
Do the following:
- Open a preferred browser (either Chrome or Firefox)
- Log into Blackboard
- Open a second window in your browser and go to panopto.wcu.edu (https://wcu.hosted.panopto.com)
- Select WCU (via Blackboard) option is selected
- Click Sign in
- Click on the Create button and select Record a new session from the drop-down menu
- Select Open Panopto if the desktop recorder is installed or Download Panopto as appropriate
- Close this window and return to Panopto tab in the Browser, the click Create, Record a new session and click the Open Panopto button
- If you have a slow internet connection, click on the Folder drop-down and click the Offline Recording button
- Offline recordings will need to be uploaded once you are able to log into the recorder for editing or use in your course(s)