Canvas Launch Day Workshops in June.
Choose your Day: June 3, 8, 16, 22, 30
CHOOSE YOUR DAY
Launch Day workshops will run from
9 am – 3:00 pm
GET YOUR SUMMER COURSE FIRST DAY READY
LAUNCH WITH SUCCESS
QUIET DEVELOPMENT TIME + LIVE SUPPORT
LAUNCH DAY – Goals & Objectives
Let the Coulter Faculty Commons help as you are transitioning to WCU’s new learning management system (LMS) and be first day ready.
The Launch workshop will provide you with a series of activities and support as you build out a course in Canvas. Attendees will determine their path, build a new course or migrate, with brief discussion of pros/cons. Each attendee will spend time on their own developing their course using a guided workbook. We will gather again as a group in the afternoon to share and identify next steps.
By focusing on a single course and specific modules, you’ll learn the following elements of a Canvas course:
- Course Navigation
- Key structural information as well as best practices in course design.
- Guidance for building or restructuring Modules in your course including:
- Other content
Prior to the workshop, registrants must complete the pre-requisite Launch Prep Workbook. This is intended to help instructors work through some initial, important decisions.
- All things Canvas – canvasresources.wcu.edu
- General Information – Canvas
- Student Guide – Canvas
- Instructor Guide – Canvas
- Instructor Self-Paced Video Resources – Canvas
- Browser and Computer Requirements – Canvas
- Mobile App – Canvas
- Video Guides – Canvas
- Troubleshooting – Canvas
- Canvas Community
- Check Canvas’ Operational Status
- Canvas Release Notes
- WCU Canvas Blog
- Using a WCU Canvas Course Template/Framework
- Using Panopto in Canvas
- Quiz Assessments in Canvas
- Migrating a Course – Exporting a Blackboard Course/Importing to Canvas
- Migrated Course Checklist
- Direct link to the Canvas Help
- Canvas Migration FAQs
Canvas offers instructors some incredibly powerful tools to view course analytics, individual student analytics and quiz statistics. The wealth of...
Instructors at WCU will be teaching in Canvas beginning in summer 2021 and beyond. WCU faculty will be teaching in Canvas beginning in summer 2021...