Canvas Training & Workshops
CHOOSE YOUR DAY
IN MAY OR JUNE
9:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M.
GET YOUR SUMMER COURSE FIRST DAY READY
LAUNCH WITH SUCCESS
QUIET DEVELOPMENT TIME + LIVE SUPPORT
LAUNCH DAY – Get First Day Ready!
Choose your Day:
May 11, 20, 26
June 3, 8, 16, 22, 30
First Day Ready Launch Workshops will begin at 9:00 a.m. Attendees will determine their path, build a new course or migrate, with brief discussion of pros/cons. Each attendee will spend time on their own developing their course using a guided workbook. We will gather again as a group in the afternoon to share and identify next steps.
Prior to the workshop, registrants must complete the pre-requisite Launch Prep Workbook. This is intended to help faculty work through some initial, important decisions.
9 a.m – 3 p.m.
- All things Canvas – canvasresources.wcu.edu
- General Information – Canvas
- Student Guide – Canvas
- Instructor Guide – Canvas
- Instructor Self-Paced Video Resources – Canvas
- Browser and Computer Requirements – Canvas
- Mobile App – Canvas
- Video Guides – Canvas
- Troubleshooting – Canvas
- Canvas Community
- Check Canvas’ Operational Status
- Canvas Release Notes
- WCU Canvas Blog
- Using a WCU Canvas Course Template/Framework
- Using Panopto in Canvas
- Quiz Assessments in Canvas
- Information for Migrating a Course – Exporting a Blackboard Course/Importing to Canvas
- Migrated Course Checklist
- Direct link to the Canvas Help
- Canvas Migration FAQs
Canvas has a great many features “out of the box.” But no system is perfect for every situation. Canvas has an extensible platform that allows for...
Rubrics can be used to grade assignments, discussions and quizzes in a course. Rubrics can be used to as an efficient way to evaluate assignments,...