Select Page

Updates from the Chair of the Faculty Senate

1) Parking Permits

I met with Director of Parking & Transportation Fred Baucknecht regarding parking permit fees. Fred conveyed that if you want to halt the automatic payroll deduction, you can fill out a form (see form below) and email it to Barbara Anders in Parking Operations. Faculty can then reinstate after COVID.  Faculty who need a daily ($5) or weekly ($8) pass can go to the Office to purchase directly.

2) Use of SAI for Fall 2020 and Spring 2021

The Faculty Senate will continue its discussion regarding whether to use SAIs for Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 at the Overflow Meeting Oct. 28 at 3pm (https://wcu.zoom.us/j/95363688367 or 884 853 5247). Please feel free to provide input to your respective Senator and/or join us.

3) Mental Health Resources  

Director of ER Nancy Ford kindly added a direct link on the WCU HR website to the mental health resources available for faculty  (https://secure.my.wcu.edu/division/AdminFinance/HRandPayroll/Pages/ComPsych.aspx).  There is even a link to a document titled “Political Stress Resource Guide 2020”. I’m not sure about you, but I’ve already clicked on this link and have read through the suggestions therein (help)!

4) Living Our Values

What an insightful Culture and Conversation session we just had on “The Many Shades of Gender Violence”. Many of our talented female faculty shared their expertise pertaining to issues surrounding women. And, here at WCU, especially as of late, we have been stressing the values of respect, equality, and justice. This got me thinking. The Equal Pay Act was passed in 1963—yes, 1963—57 years ago; yet, we still do not have equal pay at WCU. As a woman, and the Chair of the Faculty, I call upon our University Leadership to rectify unequal pay. May our actions speak louder than our words.

Persist,

Kadie

—————————————————————————————

• Cancellation of Payroll Deduction For Parking Permit Form

Western Carolina University

Authorization for Cancellation of Payroll Deduction Permit Fee

Authorization Agreement

I                                                                   have returned Permit Number                      to Parking Operations and am requesting termination of the Permit Fee that is taken out of my payroll check.                    .

Information

Name:
ID Number:

Signature

Parking Operations Signature: Date:
Employee Authorized Signature: Date: