On behalf of Jessica Zellers (Secretary of the Faculty Senate) and CONEC, open nominations for the following university-level positions are now available. You may nominate yourself or any interested or willing colleague. Self-nominations are highly encouraged.
- Chair-Elect of the Faculty (new: starting in Fall 2021, the Chair of the Faculty will receive a $4000 stipend + a 2/2 course release)
- Budget Advisory Committee – 2 vacancies
- Faculty Grievance Committee – 3 vacancies
- Faculty Hearing Committee – 3 vacancies
- University Athletics Committee – 2 vacancies
- CONEC – 3 vacancies
- Gift Review Committee – 3 vacancies
Please make your nominations here: https://wcu.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_83bzE5qVflnXF8W by 11:59 pm Friday, March 5.
The initial nomination period will be February 26 – March 5. Initial ballots will be published on March 8, at which point additional nominations may be submitted via petition (write-ins) until March 12. Elections will be held March 26 – April 1.
For additional information on any of these positions, contact your elected faculty representatives or members of CONEC:
- Barbara Ballentine (A&S)
- Cara Barker (HL) – Chair
- Jackson Deziel (HHS)
- Melodie Frick (EAP)
- Alexander Macaulay (A&S)
- Candy Noltensmeyer (A&S) – Vice-Chair
- Scott Pierce (E&T)
- Zsolt Szabo (FPA)
Thank you for your participation in shared governance at WCU. It is essential to the success of our students and our institution.