The 2023 Research and Scholarship Conference
March 22 – 23, 2023
Featuring the 24th Annual Undergraduate Exposition and the 31st Annual Graduate Research Symposium
The 2nd Annual Faculty 3-Minute Research Talks (March 22 at 11:00 am) in the A.K. Hinds University Center (Grand Room)
The RASC Keynote Event Welcomes
Dr. Billy Ogletree, Distinguished Professor in Communication Sciences & Disorders
Dr. Karena Cooper-Duffy, Professor in School of Teaching and Learning
Dr. Johana Price Vinyard, Associate Professor in Communication Sciences Disorders
Dr. Jon Campbell, Professor in Psychology
Undergraduate Research Exposition
The Undergraduate Research Exposition provides students with the opportunity to work with faculty to present their research to an engaged audience on campus. This annual expo features student poster, oral, performance, and exhibit presentations.
Graduate Research Symposium
The Graduate Research Symposium highlights graduates’ research poster presentations, oral presentations, the academic paper competition, and the 3-minute Thesis competition.
2nd Annual Faculty 3MR
The 31st Graduate Research Symposium presents the second annual Faculty 3-minute Research Competition.
18 Western Carolina Faculty Members compete for cash awards on Wednesday, March 22, 2023 at 11:00 am in the UC Grand Room.
Wednesday, March 22nd
Undergraduate Expo and Graduate Research Symposium at the A.K. Hinds University Center and the Ramsey Regional Activity Center
- 9:00 am – 4:00 pm – Undergraduate and Graduate Oral and Performance presentations in the A.K. Hinds University Center. Sponsored by the Graduate Research Symposium and the Undergrad Exposition.
- 4:55 pm – 6:00 pm – The Research and Scholarship Conference Keynote Event. Sponsored by the Graduate Research Symposium and the Undergraduate Exposition, and will be held in the Ramsey Center Arena. The keynote presentation will be livestreamed at go.wcu.edu/rasc.
- 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm The Undergraduate Exposition and Graduate Research Symposium Poster Presentations and Conference Celebration, to be held on the Concourse Level of the Ramsey Center.
- An awards ceremony for undergraduate and graduate competitions will also be held on the concourse level at this time.
Thursday, March 23rd
The Faculty Scholarship Celebration in the A.K. Hinds University Center
- 11:00 am – 12:00 pm – The 2nd Annual Faculty 3-Minute Research Talk Competition in the A.K. Hinds University Center’s Grandroom
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm – Faculty Scholarship Celebration Luncheon in the Grandroom
- Announcement and Celebration of the WCU Million Dollar Circle Awardees for 2022-2023 will be included
The Research and Scholarship Conference would not be possible without the leadership and support of so many from across Western’s campus. We wish to extend our gratitude to those who have made this event possible.
The 2023 Research and Scholarship Conference Organizing and Leadership Team:
- Jill Granger, Dean, The Brinson Honors College
- Joy Bowers-Campbell, Interim Dean, Graduate School and Research
- Brandon Schwab, Associate Provost for Academic Affairs
- Suzanne Melton, Administrative Support Associate, Office of the Provost
- Kloo Hansen, Undergraduate Research Coordinator, Office of the Provost
- Laina Lemire, Director of Communications and Recruiting, Graduate School and Research
- Samuel Wallace, Visual Art and Marketing Specialist
- Scottie Kapel, Outreach and Scholarly Communications, Hunter Library
- Todd Lawing and the Ramsey Center Arena Staff
- Paul Hammer and the A.K. Hinds University Center Staff
- Amy Morgan, Undergraduate Research Intern
- The Brinson Honors College Board of Directors and Ambassadors
- The Graduate Student Association
- The WCU Print Shop