Logan Johnson, Broadcast Production Manager, is the newest faculty in the communication department. Johnson graduated from Western Carolina University, in May of 2023, with a bachelor’s in science in Communication, with concentrations in Broadcasting and Public Relations.

“It was the perfect fit for me personally and I already know my co-workers which is a huge plus,” said Johnson, on why he chose to work for the communication department at Western. “I love seeing how much this department really cares about their students in meetings. I also love researching new ways to improve the department’s equipment to make life as a communication student better.”

As the Broadcast Production Manager, Johnson oversees student workers, department camera equipment, manages the TV studio and performs any “odd job” the department needs.

“I am most excited about helping lead the development of our Homecoming event this year. Once executed it will be fun for everyone involved, from students to alumnus to professors,” said Johnson.

Johnson has experience as a student working in WHEE-TV, the on campus video broadcasting club. He has worked in single camera student films, and has worked as the student supervisor for Stillwell 259 and CAT TV Studio.

“If you’re a student reading this, then join any club! They will help you learn and develop skills beyond what you thought,” said Johnson.