The Southeastern Latinx Student Leadership Conference (SLSLC) is a program of the Latinx Appreciation Student Organization (LASO) on the campus of Western Carolina University. SLSLC and LASO are committed to providing safe meeting environments and to ensuring the health and safety of all participants in its events. By registering for and attending the SLSLC Annual Conference in Cullowhee, NC you as an attendee agree to comply with the following health and safety protocols established by SLSLC to help prevent exposure to COVID-19 and its variants and ensure the safety of us as students, our presenters, our employers and all our other participants.
PLEASE NOTE: These protocols may be revised from time to time to reflect changing pandemic-related circumstances and the latest guidance from appropriate public health officials and the CDC. Please return to this website periodically for any updates or changes to these protocols.
- In order to participate in the 3rd Annual SLSLC in Cullowhee, NC you will be required to provide proof of complete vaccination. When registering there will be an opportunity to upload a picture of your COVID-19 vaccination card. Upon arrival at Cullowhee, NC you will be require to show your student ID and vaccination card at the registration table. All of these procedural redundancies are for your safety, our safety and the safety of all conference participants.
Before Leaving Home
- All registrants are encouraged to familiarize themselves with and comply with all COVID-19-related guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and by the appropriate state, provincial and local public health authorities.
- All registrants are expected to familiarize themselves with and adhere to all relevant travel guidance and restrictions issued by the appropriate governing authorities in the areas to and from which they will be traveling in order to attend the 3rd Annual SLSLC in Cullowhee, NC.
- Registrants who feel sick, who have tested positive for COVID-19 within 10 days of the 3rd Annual SLSLC (even if still asymptomatic), or who have been in close contact with anyone who has COVID-19 within 14 days of the 3rd Annual SLSLC are expected to stay home. Registrants who cancel their meeting registration for any of these reasons will receive a full refund of any registration fees paid.
On-site During the Event
- All registrants are required to wear masks that cover their nose and mouth at all times while attending all 3rd Annual SLSLC programs and social events. Failure to adhere to this protocol will lead to the revocation of registration and immediate removal from the 3rd Annual SLSLC.
- All registrants are required to adhere to all protocols set by SLSLC by complying with all relevant signage and instructions, and by complying with all seating and capacity restrictions.
- All registrants are encouraged to take appropriate preventative actions to help stop the spread of COVID-19, such as:
o Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or using an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
o Avoiding touching eyes, nose, and mouth.
o Covering nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing.
• All registrants who experience symptoms associated with COVID-19 while attending the 3rd Annual SLSLC Annual Conference are required to immediately discontinue their participation in the conference and are encouraged to immediately seek medical care. Registrants who discontinue their participation in the conference after becoming ill on site will receive a full refund of any registration fees paid.
- All registrants and guests who test positive for COVID-19 within 14 days after returning home from the 3rd Annual SLSLC in Cullowhee, NC are encouraged to notify the SLSLC staff by calling 828-227-3251. Upon receipt of any such notification, and while maintaining the confidentiality of any attendee who reports a positive post- meeting COVID-19 test result, SLSLC staff will notify all event attendees of their potential exposure to COVID-19 during the conference.