Panopto allows you to merge any two sessions together. This is often necessary when recordings are made using two different computers to capture audio, video, powerpoint and screen capture, but the recordings are not recorded in the same session.
How to combine separated recordings
- Go to your Panopto website and log in with an account that has access to the folder where the content has been recorded.
- Once you have found the folder, hover over the first session to reveal the settings icon.
- On the settings page, click Manage.
- The first drop down selection box allows you to select the folder where the other price of the session is located. The second drop down selection box is where you would select the other session name that you want to merge this recording with.
- After you have selected the folder and session to merge with, click the merge button. The session will re-encode and be synchronised as one recording.
Copying can be a useful way to move a session to a new or additional folder while preserving the original session location.
- Go to your Panopto website and log in with an account that has access to the folder containing the session to copy.
- Once you have found the folder, hover over the session to reveal the settings icon.
- Click manage and locate the copy session selection, simply name your new session and click copy.