The staff of the CFC had the largest number of sessions ever accepted for the annual UNCCAUSE conference.
From October 1-3, the staff attended sessions, joined networking and special-interest groups, and presented at 5 sessions.
In order of delivery, the sessions were:
- Going Rogue One with the Force and a PD Course: A session about the Teaching Online with Impact Course the CFC launched last Fall. Presented by Terry Pollard, Mary-Anne Wike, and John Hawes
- Love the One You’re With: Using Existing Resources Well: A session about the ongoing work the CFC is doing to use Blackboard more effectively for internal training. Presented by Daniel Shields and Jonathan Wade
- Shazam! A Lightning Move to the Cloud: A session detailing the method and planning behind our recent move from Blackboard managed-hosting to Blackboard Learn software-as-a-service. Presented by Jack Caldwell and John Hawes
- Expanding LMS for Training and Distance Learning with Identity Management: A session discussing the work that the CFC did last year with IT Identity Management to move from a deprecated authentication system with numerous manual process roadblocks to a more automated process that uses modern identity management. Presented by Daniel Shields presented with Josh Bright and Stan Hammer
- Ambassadors at Your Service: Connecting Campuses to the National Community: A session discussing the resources that are available to all faculty and staff as a member school in EDUCAUSE. (For more information, contact the WCU EDUCAUSE Ambassador) Presented by Jonathan Wade
The CFC would be happy to do encore presentations as requested.