Staff Senate will be doing a “Meet the Senator” series this academic year, letting all staff know who their Staff Senators are. In the spotlight this week is Brittney Buchanan. Brittney is an Executive Assistant in the College of Engineering and Technology, and this is her 3rd year on Staff Senate. She is also serving as the Treasurer for the 2nd year. When Brittney was asked “Why Western?” She responded with “Why not Western?! As a high school senior, I visited WCU and immediately felt a sense of belonging. Before I left campus that day, I knew WCU is where I wanted to be. WCU quickly became home, and I remained in the area after graduation. Five years later I found myself back at Western as a staff member. WCU is a wonderful community and family filled with people who truly care about each other and our students. This caring community is what brought me here, kept me in the area, and ultimately brought me back to WCU.” Her favorite part of her job is being able to implement creative ideas and seeing students grow during their time at WCU. A fun fact about Brittney is that she recently became a Disney Travel Agent! That is so cool! We love having Brittney on Staff Senate and are so grateful for all that she does for WCU and Staff Senate.