Staff Senate will be doing a “Meet the Senator” series this academic year, letting all staff know who their Staff Senators are. In the spotlight this week is Colby Deitz. Colby is a Client Systems Specialist- Vendor Management in the Division of Information Technology. Colby has been on Staff Senate previously and just joined us again this year to start another term on Senate. When Colby was asked “Why Western?” he stated, “WCU has a vast assortment of stories to tell, and an even wider variety of people to tell them. Everyone here has a story that is unique to them. Some stories seem similar, but when you get down to the detail level you notice how many differences there are. No two employees are identical. WCU presents many opportunities to learn from these stories. For me, I love the fact that there are so many perspectives. From students, to faculty, to staff, everyone has a unique point of view. I learn things every day through the lenses of others that I wouldn’t normally have the opportunity to see through my own lens. Those perspectives are invaluable, and help to enrich the WCU community.” Colby enjoys getting to deal with so many different people in his job. Some fun facts are that he enjoys hiking in the mountains, reading books, playing board games, collecting comics and figures, creating art, and landscaping around the house. We are so glad Colby is back on Staff Senate and look forward to working with him more over the next few years.