How long have you been working at WCU/Human Resources? I have been working in Human Resources at WCU for 8 years.

Why did you choose Human Resources as a career? There is nothing like helping other people, so Human Resources was the perfect career for me.

What is your role in human resources? I serve our campus community as the Benefits Manager here at WCU.  My role allows me the opportunity to meet our new employees, build relationships, which in turn builds lasting connections.  Benefits can be intimidating and confusing to say the least.  Helping others navigate the complexities of their benefits truly is its own reward.  From organizing the vendors for Employee Appreciation Day to assisting our faculty and staff during Open Enrollment each Fall, I can honestly say, customer service is the best part of my job!

What is your favorite place to eat on campus?  You can’t beat the buffalo chicken sandwich from Chili’s.  Don’t forget to ask for extra ranch and a handful of napkins!

What do you like most about working at WCU?  WCU is a community centered campus. We are all in this together, willing to support and serve each other in the best way possible.  I am honored to say that I work on the HR Team at WCU.  Our leadership is top-notch, and I couldn’t ask for better teammates.