You may have heard students and/or other instructors are using Canvas this semester. We are excited to announce that Canvas pilot groups across all colleges have started using Canvas. The 13 instructors in the pilot group are teaching a course in Canvas; with around 400 students. Feedback has been very positive regarding the ease of use.
- canvas.wcu.edu is the landing page for everything Canvas at WCU, this page has a link to login to Canvas that you can bookmark and valuable information about migration from Blackboard to Canvas.
- All courses will be in Canvas beginning May 17th with the Minimester.
- We have compiled information from our recent Departmental meetings and created an FAQ page. We will continue to add questions and answers as they come up. To visit the page, go to https://ithelp.wcu.edu/en-us/category/1400336 to explore our FAQ.
- Canvas is also here to help during the migration. We encourage all instructors to use the help support link within Canvas if you have questions as you are building your courses in Canvas.
- This is the overlap period between Blackboard and Canvas. All faculty have access to Canvas right now.
- A self-paced training course(s) is available in your Canvas dashboard which is the best place to start. All instructors have also been given a development shell to create and copy content into as you are getting familiar with Canvas.
- Canvas Commons is a public resource available from Canvas which offers support, training, ideas from other schools, etc. You can visit Canvas Commons at https://westerncarolina.instructure.com/accounts/1/external_tools/43?launch_type=global_navigation and it is also available in the Canvas menu.