Digital Storage for Teaching and Learning at WCU
What you need to know:
- As an instructor, your ‘teaching’ Canvas courses have 1 GB of cloud storage.
- Canvas storage should be considered temporary and not for long-term curation or archiving.
- Live Canvas courses (the teaching shells with students) will be maintained for two whole academic years before deletion.
- Do not upload video and audio files directly into Canvas. The Panopto video authoring, storage, and streaming system are integrated into Canvas. You have unlimited video and audio storage in Panopto.
- Canvas development shells are not meant for student interaction but are designed to be the “sandbox” for faculty. Your Canvas development shells will remain active as long as you are an employee of Western Carolina.
- Departments and Programs can request access to a non-credit course area in Canvas where specialized master courses, template courses, and student-centers/non-credit courses will be kept.
We created the following chart to help you navigate all of your storage options.