You want to provide quality feedback to your students, but typing specific comments is both time consuming and exhausting. It would be so much easier to have a quick conversation with each student about their performance, but as impractical as that was before the pandemic, it’s even less so now.
Fortunately, there Blackboard does provide a solution. Rather than type your feedback, with the click of a few buttons you can make an audio (and video if you prefer) two-minute feedback message to your students right from the Grade Center.
Follow these easy steps and you’ll be able to give the quality feedback your students need without spending all your time at the keyboard.
Open Help Sessions for All Instructors
The CFC is hosting additional open sessions for all instructors to learn how to effectively facilitate online learning and engage students using Blackboard and its general suite of tools. We will be offering these sessions through the following video-conferencing link:
Dates and times are as follows:
Monday, March 23 – March 25
1:30 – 3:00 p.m.
If teaching in face to face classrooms is cancelled for two to three weeks, it behooves faculty members to take a few simple steps now to make the transition to online instruction less stressful.
- Inform your students that you will be contacting them via their Catamount email to test that capability.
- Log into Blackboard by going to wcu.edu, clicking on Quicklinks and selecting the Blackboard option
- It is recommended that your use Chrome or Firefox browsers for best results
- Your username and password are the same as you use for your WCU email account
- If you need assistance, contact the IT Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-227-7487.
Preparing Your Blackboard Courses
In each of your courses, do the following:
- Make our course available to your students
- If it is not already there, add the Email tool link to the menu bar
- Email your students
- Include this link to provide instructions https://help.blackboard.com/Learn/Student/Interact/Email
- Follow-up with any students that don’t respond to your email
- Contact the IT Help Desk at email@example.com or 828-227-7487 for additional support
Download steps as a PDF
Click here to view a video demonstration of the above steps.